Butterfly Effect


I have been at the computer most of the day. My eyes are strained and my back is aching but my heart is full and hopeful. Two cards in particular stood out to me today. One was from a 6th grade girl and the other from an 8th grade boy.

The girl’s card read-

“I always wanted a baby but having this class really changed that. I don’t want one right now. I know it is healthier for me, the baby, and the people around me if I wait.”

Just in time… How would this girl’s life been different if she had not received the critical information Reality Check, Inc. was able to share with her? What if she would have chased that desire for a baby like several young girls I’ve met? How would her parents’, the boy’s, his parents’, their siblings’, our community’s lives been impacted by this one choice?

Like ripples on a lake or like the butterfly effect the choices of one are profound on all.

The boy’s card read-

“Reality Check, Inc. showed me about integrity. Many people think integrity has to do with big things like stealing, but it also comes in place during everyday life. I think these small times of integrity are the ones that really show if you are honest.”

What will his impact be on your life and mine? It will affect us as a whole. Reading his card, reading both cards, I am hopeful.

I am hopeful, one, because God’s timing is impeccable and two, because there are young people out there who are grabbing hold of truth and letting it sink deep into the fabric of who they are and will be. It is building discernment that is so often lacking.

Reality Check, Inc. is a vital part of any teen’s education. What choice will you make to ensure this program continues in your school? Call your administration or school board members. Let them know how important this program is to you and your family. Start a ripple…

No comments:

Post a Comment