Empowering GIRLS!

We have finished our eight days at J O Kelly Middle School. The 7th grade girls I taught were wonderful young ladies. They have a desire to succeed and change not only their life but the lives of those around them. I want to share some of what they had to say:

"This had a lot of impact on me because I was going through some of these things. I had a person pressuring me to have sex with them and I was going to because everything wasn't going right at home. But my family is a very religious family and we believe in Abstinence but from this class I am not ever going to think about having sexual activity."


"
I'm going to set boundaries so I don't mess up my core values in life. I do hang out with the wrong crowd so I am going to try to change that. Especially for my friend who has cancer. Thank you for showing me I've been doing wrong. I liked that you were really real. You spoke the truth."

"I learned about how many mistakes I made in just about 4 months. I lost trust and respect. You made me realize that I need to change. Thank you. You changed my life."


"I learned to set boundaries. I always say I will save my sex but I didn't have any boundaries and I realized that if you don't set boundaries its pushing me to break my promise. My grandmother and my mom got pregnant during high school and so I am ready to break that cycle, So thank you Reality Check."

"This class has impacted my life so much. I always thought about drinking because my parents did. I tried one sip once, looking back on it, I regret it, because I've seen what it has done to my family and friends. Now, I am not going to try it even when I'm 21 or above, but I will control myself if I do. Because my dad doesn't. I wish he got to be in this class. I can't thank you enough!!! I won't forget when I was in Reality Check, Thanks to you!

Wish everyone could catch a glimpse of what happens when simple life truth is taught and hearts open to hear that truth. We have a generation thirsting for truth, love, and someone to care that they exist. Go tell a teen today that you are thankful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment