Changing Generations



Friday, Reality Check, Inc. finished a 10 day program with the Rogers Heritage High School. It was a pleasure to spend that time with about 90 students.

A young lady stopped me after class on Friday, as I was transitioning to another location, and shared a little about her life and the impact this program has had on her. She has been in the program for the past 6 years and credits it for helping her make and keep boundaries that have given her confidence and skills she had needed to succeed. She said she wanted to help in any way she could so this program remains available for other teens like herself who had been through past child abuse. She wants to go to college and then help provide programs like this in the future. While she was talking, a young man passed us and then stopped and said, “I was looking for you. I want to see if I can have your contact information. I have some friends that I really want to help and I wanted to give them your information.”

It is humbling to see the passion and desire of these teens to reach out to a hurting, confused generation with truth without regard to what might be required of them or how others might see them.

Why does that passion and desire to help someone just because you care become cold, or why is it seen as “suspect” in the adult world of “budgets and finance”, “what’s in it for me”, and “who gets the credit”?

I am so proud to work with a group of people who carry that fresh youthful passion to share truth and impact lives, just because it is the right thing to do. The reward of that kind passion is the knowledge you are changing generations.

· This gave me knowledge to live my life to the fullest, but not make decisions I will regret.

· These last two weeks have shown me that to be successful, I have to make decisions and set boundaries that reflect my values. I choose my future.

· The impact Reality Check left on me was strengthening the core values I already had. I’ve had Reality Check previously, but for some reason everything opened my eyes a lot more this time-maybe it’s because I’m older? Thanks you guys, maybe I’ll see myself on the future example video’s like the couples.

· It made me think about what lots of people go through because they made wrong decisions. I pretty sure that if they’d heard about this they wouldn’t have made some of those mistakes.

· I now view sex with more understanding and open eyes. I now want to help others by passing on this knowledge because I have made many mistakes with my choices and I don’t want others to.

· The impact that it made on me was I need to really respect myself. I never say NO to people and that hurts me cuz it gets me into the trouble I don’t need to be in. Especially say NO to my BF because he is the main reason I probably get in trouble like having sex, and I’ve learned about diseases.

· After the last 2 weeks, I have realized that I need to plan my future for exactly what I want. Without goals and boundaries, life is not going to pan out like I want. I already made a commitment to not have sex until marriage, but I need to set more boundaries. PS thank you!

· I have no other way to gain this information. Thank you so much. In my life I do not have good examples. I did not know what is needed in a successful relationship. Thanks to you I now know. I do not want to carry my family’s baggage of life around anymore.

You can’t put a price on that kind of impact, but since we have to, $32.50 is a small investment with huge returns. What are you investing?

No comments:

Post a Comment